Bed & Breakfast in a Romantic and Historic Normandy Chateau
First built more than 1,000 years ago the Chateau was home to 12 generations of the Balliol family who occupied the house for 700 years. During the French Revolution, Charlotte Corday lived in the Chateau for a time with her Uncle but after she was gilloutined for the murder of Marat the family no longer resided here. The Chateau was occupied by the German army during WW2 and in Autumn 2014, after 2 years of renovations by owner Donna McDougall, she opened it's doors for guests to experience the beauty and romance of her historic home.
Approached via the turret staircase, the Rockinghorse room has a large king-size bed and ensuite bathroom. 185€ per night
Luxurious first floor room with a beautiful ensuite bathroom and dressing room. 185€ per night
Also approached via the turret staircase, Dragon Room has a king-size 4 poster-bed and ensuite shower room. 165€ per night
Very beautiful first floor room with romantic king-size 4 poster bed and shower room. 165€ per night
The Chateau sits proudly at the head of the beautiful valley of Le Renouard. Ideally suited for walking, touring and many of the following:
- Take a bicycle and explore the surrounding valleys and hills.
- Taste the local Camembert, Cider and Calvados from nearby farms.
- Hire a horse locally and discover the bridleways and paths.
- Visit the WW2 memorial of Montormel and the Battlefields of the Falaise Gap (15 mins)
- Marvel at the Bayeaux Tapestry ( 1 hr 15 mins) and while there visit the D-Day landing beaches.
- Read a good book or simply do nothing.......